Travel Directions & Area Attractions
Ocala National Forest
Nestled between well-known theme parks and white, sandy beaches, the jewels of the Ocala National Forest attract visitors from around the world. A travel destination in its own right, the Ocala features more than 600 lakes and rivers where visitors enjoy swimming, fishing, snorkeling, canoeing and boating. From migratory birds and playful manatees to delicate freshwater springs and some of the world's rarest plants, the Ocala is a haven where people (and animals) escape to one of Floridas remaining wild places.
Sunnyhill Restoration Area
This 3,400 acre wetland restoration area is right across the street. It offers visitors 20 miles of hiking trails, horseback riding, wildlife viewing, bicycling and picnicking. Bank fishing is available at the canal at the western edge of the property.
Sawgrass Island Preserve
This 1,137-acre site is located at the north end of Lake Yale. The major feature is a 600-acre shallow marsh. Approximately 61% of the property is comprised of forested and herbaceous wetlands (692.2 acres) with the remaining 39% consisting of uplands (444.5 acres). The upland community types found on the Preserve include unimproved pasture, shrub/brushland, mesic hammocks, xeric hammocks and pine flatwoods. Wildlife include sandhill cranes, gopher tortoises, pocket gophers, ring-neck ducks, foxes and scrub jays.
Justins Jungle Airboat Rides
Take an airboat tour adventure through the vast unspoiled wilderness. See wetlands rich in wildlife habitat as you travel the Ocklawaha River into Lake Griffin and view the natural wonders. Relax on the Enchanted River Ride, a slow peaceful ride roaming down the wildlife filled historic Ocklawaha River where the steamboats used to run. Or try the Hang On Ride ... twenty miles of thrilling, full speed action!
A taste of old Florida! Family owned farm featuring Fresh from FL , seasonal produce, grown on the farm, unique FL gifts in gift shop, seasonal citrus / OJ, soft serve ice cream, Sno-Biz shaved ice, and more. Relax in a rocking chair on the porch. Home of the iconic Big Orange.
Located in the beautiful Lake County, Florida just outside of Umatilla, Graham Farms has been owned, operated, and impeccably cared for by the Graham Family for over 100 years. Originally and still a working orange grove, the farm also boasts acres of Peach orchards, blackberries, fields of Sunflowers & various wildflowers. Additionally, there is a beautiful, covered outdoor venue perfect for events while surrounded by nature’s beauty.